THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 3, 2009

~soRrY My FreN~



How do I tell you I'm sorry...
With a gesture, a look, a touch?...
How is it I never realized...
I hurt you so very much?...

I do not ask forgiveness...
A comfort I'll never deserve...
I merely want to let you know...
But I cannot find the nerve...

To finally confront you, face-to-face...
To look you in the eye...
To face your wrath, your apathy...
Too terrified to try...

You called me selfish, I turned away...
I festered and I fled...
Cutting and wounding and lashing out...
Just to see if you bled...

Betraying and deceiving you...
I surely had no right...
To snatch away such a precious gem...
A dark thief in the night...

Four years and forever passed...
To bring us to this day...
When I present these simple words...
I never thought to say...

The time has come, it's long past due...
To put aside my fear...
Would this confession torture you...
Or have you longed to hear...

To hear those two forbidden words...
To vanquish all the pain...
To understand my dearest wish...
To know you once again...

The years aged me remarkably...
Though they have not made me wise...
I do know I erred irrevocably...
For that I apologize...Huda

0 comments: